so I went trolling on the WWWeb for inspiration. I've always loved Rackham's illustrations, and I found a pose I liked so I cribbed the
pose and proportions and took it from there. Many revisions later, I had my base fairy, ready to be cut out and 'dressed'. I had some ancient inkjet transparency media that worked just fine for fairy wings...adding nicely to the 3D effect I was looking for. The trial run went to Jenn (aka Blueskysunburn) as a thank you for another swap I was in.
My next four were for the actual swap with one for the swapmeister, Artedar. The whole process has been a blast and I will probably be making more to share...I might even offer these on my nascent etsy site.